Tuesday, April 14, 2009

...one lump or two?

So I am going to attend my first real protest tomorrow. I cannot believe I'm going to do it honestly. Usually, I dislike protestors and find them incredibly annoying. And tomorrow I'm going to put on my annoying protestor hat and attend a TEA PARTY!! I cannot attend the entire time - but I'll be there. I'll stand up and show myself. I'll be more than just a ranty voice on the internet. I'm a little excited. And I have no idea as to what to expect! However - I hope that you also find yourself taking part in history tomorrow. Oh yea - we get to have our own little historical moment too.....!! Not just the 'Prez....!
I certainly hope some lefty doesn't come along and do anything to my car!

WARNING: I'm getting a rant on!
This means I may sacrifice a wee bit of grammatical structure...you've been warned!

So much has gone on since my last post: Piracy, Right-Wing Radical Threats, lifts on travel to/fro Cuba, Obama agreeing to allow an international board to have a say in the running of U.S. companies....DUDE. What the hell is going on?! Who let the dogs out?![woof! woof!]

According to this article, Obama is just pissing all over the Declaration of Independence - and not behind closed doors anymore. "The Financial Stability Board then has the international authority to set policies in these corporations, including compensation packages the private boards of directors in the examined companies decide to pay top executives and senior managers."

I simply don't get it. I don't understand how on earth Congress will/can go along with this. Why the news networks aren't broadcasting this latest development as much as they can. Why on earth should ANY foreign entity have any say in how we run our businesses? We don't get to tell other nations how to run. We don't have a say in other nations' immigation policies, border protection, taxing, political venues, television and radio broadcasts. So why in the hell are we allowing ourselves to be governed and told what we can and can't do by other governments?

WHY WHY WHY? Forget your white guilt. Forget your need to save the earth from itself. Why should ANY American living and working on their own turf ever have to listen to another nation telling them what to do? Because these other nations have done so much better than us? What makes them better? More knowledgeable?

NOT A DAMNED THING. Nothing makes them better. This very country was founded in order to govern on it's own without answering to any other nation. This country has been a success story on every single level. This country has grown into such a power that other countries over the years have needed OUR help. This country is still the richest country on the planet. Don't kid yourselves - our poorest of the poor are still considered rich by many other nations' standards. And do you know why that is?

Our people govern. Our people have a say. The government of our nation was set up in order to keep the government from taking control over everything. That's why it takes so long to get anything done - it was DELIBERATELY done. Big Government is NOT the answer. Big Government cannot be trusted or allowed to make all decisions for its people. When allowed to do so it only crushes its people and lifts a small few into power. It creates paranoia, fear, depression and violence to a level that a lot of you "No War / Peace" people would be SHOCKED to experience.

And here I sit today watching us creeping closer and closer to that very scary reality. This is big people. Make it stop!! Arguments about recycling, living green, oil prices, and pro-life can wait. They'll always be there. Fine. But come together and PRESERVE YOUR NATION. Embrace liberty and freedom. DO SOMETHING!

OH crap I've gone all "radical" now haven't I? I'm what is now? An extremist? A racist? Isn't that right? Isn't that what they are now labeling folks like me? Give me a break. I'm an AMERICAN. I will NOT stop expressing my opinion and talking to anyone who will listen about what is going on. I will NOT stop. But I sure wish YOU would! [Yes, that's directed right at the big O] Go back to Chicago and work on your committees. You are not fit for Office.

Oh and CHECK THIS OUT. Obama on the economy. What a frigging joke. I think I'd rather watch the Octomom trying to justify her breeding program.

On a lighter note...
I had to re-institute "Boot Camp - Momma style" last night with my son. Pushups. Extra Chores. More Pushups. 25 sentences of "I will not be disrespectful to Mom" - written neatly, mind you, which can be tricky for a 12 year-old! You'd think that he'd know by now that I mean what I say. And I will enforce what I say. Heck I'm not working - I've got nothing better to do!!! *wink*

I also wanted to share this DELIGHTFUL video with everyone. It brought me to tears and I think EVERYONE will feel better having watched. Susan Boyle Sings

EDITED TO ADD

7 comments:

Angry Tax Payer said...

I love your posting. I'm going to the Tea Party in Seattle tomorrow and was also thinking the same. I didn't like protestors and never thought I'd be one but hey, it's come to a point where blogging quietly and exchanging comments at face book with my conservative friends don't cut it anymore. Now a days I feel like a kettle blowing steam in every direction!
I'd say lets party like it’s 1773! Yeah!

Unknown said...

Way to go Jenn! TEA Parties are a good start; I hope someone hears us.

Or else.

(Watched he Susan Boyle video this morning; it was great.)

Did you catch The Big Lie on today's "Barack - LIVE!" show?

Anonymous said...

Labeling people who dare to oppose the Obamessiah as racists, malcontents, etc, is all part of left's plan to cow us into silence while they impose their nanny state.

It isn't going to work, and we're going to start showing them why tomorrow.

Joe Reboy said...

JJ!!!!

Abso-freakin'-brilliant!

You just summed up America in a beautiful and moving paragraph better than I've seen in many a day. Sort of like a cheesed-off Reagan or something.

God bless oyu, and try not to overturn any cars or get tear-gassed today,'kay?

Look forward to reading your post-party observations.

Goodluck...

Stopthepresses2 said...

The mainstream media wouldn’t do it. So we are trying to get your important messages to the American people. This post is a suggested read at, http://aresay.blogspot.com/ 4

Just Jenn said...

ATP: Thanks for the kind words! You are so right that being quiet about things just doesn't seem to be working! Have fun at your Party!

Thanks Surly - I did catch your post about the big Lie. AWESOMe.

PJ - You said it!

Joe - Ha! Which paragraph was it?

Joe Reboy said...

JJ,

Actually 2 paragraphs, starting with "Not a Damned Thing..."