It's been an emotional week - this Tea Party week. Even though I've gotten angry, frustrated, irate, pissed off, disgusted, mortified, etc. - I still feel GOOD. I feel good about what I took part in. I even looked up some great quotes and posted them to the left over there <------ for folks to read.
I believe (I HAVE to believe it) that people are waking up. They've had enough. Those that were getting mad under Bush's 2nd term [I was one of them] have finally reached their boiling point. And they are standing up to Big Government and working hard to have their voices heard. We have to press on. Please make your voices heard.
In that spirit, my dad wrote a fantastic post that I have to push and share with you. I encourage anyone who stops by this little blog to please head over to his site and read this wonderful post. Hell read all of them. But his post from today is such a great read. Surly-Mac's American Comments.
In non-political talk, I thought it might be time for you to know a little bit more about me. I know I always like to know more about those folks whose blogs I enjoy reading. So here goes:
- I am raising my beloved son to be a good, strong, moral, kind man [I hope]
- I'm twice divorced, white, almost 41
- I'm changing my lifestyle to be more fit and healthy
- I'm a Weight Watchers Member
- I'm actively seeking employment [I'm a top notch Administrative Assistant!]
- I'm a huge fan-girl and love talking TV shows [theories, etc]
- LOST is my favorite TV show airing
- I've been actively online since 2001 and dabble in digital art/web design
- I cry nearly every time I hear the National Anthem
- I'm not religious at all & have no issue w/those of faith
- I'm afraid of flying
- I love animals
- I doubt I'll ever own a Hybrid, but do drive a sporty compact
- I believe we should drill on our own soil
- I love the Military (father former Marine/Police Officer; Ex is in the Navy)
- I believe in the Death Penalty
- I'll never vote to make abortion illegal
- I respect the 2nd Amendment; but not sure could ever own a gun
- I recycle and conserve water
- I love electronic gadgets like cellphones, computers, etc.
- I wish I had a dog instead of a guinea pig [landlord says no!]
- I've lived most of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area [ugg the politics]
- I file and pay taxes on time
- I leaned more to the Left as a young adult
- I love alternative, rock-n-roll, country, classical, and pop music
- I think Miley Cyrus is a cutie-patootie
- I used to want to act for a living
- I would LOVE to earn money through blogging, etc.
- I really don't care what our torture techniques are; they're still more humane than around the world
- I'm strongly considering relocating to another state
I share that info in the hopes that these facts about me help fill in the blanks to any that might be curious about the gal behind the mouth.
EDITED TO ADD
I saw this great video over at Why Mommy is a Republican's blog. Thanks for the link!